Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Friday 9 September 2011

Something for the Weekend

A subtle, but happy ping this lunchtime. Not only do agents work on Sundays, but Friday lunchtimes too. It is not quite the Big Bang of my literary universe, but there is a glimmer of light in the void. I am warming to Agents.

A signed rejection letter yesterday ( I am actually not being facetious) and today an invitation to submit my synopsis and first three chapters. It is not exactly a first date, but at least it's an invitation to the High School Prom.

Curiously, I use metaphors in this blog - and maybe mix them up a little too. I seemed to have dropped my stella theme in the previous paragraph. (A lesson in how not to write, perhaps.) I try to expunge all metaphors and similes from my prose; something I learned early on. I guess in this case metaphors are a symptom of happiness, so I am content to live with them for a while.

What have I learned on this adventure so far? Literary agents are just normal busy people and they do reply when they have time. Patience.

P.S. This is my last post for a short while. Blogging in the next few days days will be dependent on the availability of Wi Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment