Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Saturday 3 September 2011

The Art of Lying Down

How long does it take to Tweet? How long does it take to Blog three short paragraphs? More to the point how long does it take a children's fiction author to install a Follow me on Twitter button on his website?

The answer is one sleep and a lie down. The sleep was last night. I woke up still confused. It was the cloud-watching that did it for me five minutes ago. The sun was shining, the clouds were as in childhood, the sky was blue. The answer came to me. Now the problem is solved; the button is installed. So the software is intuitive after all. Except that if you asked me now to install a Follow Me button, I probably wouldn't remember how to do it.

Lying down has always worked for me; it is one of the arts of the children's fiction writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment