Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Thursday 8 September 2011

Please Mr Postman...

Ah, a pleasant letter today from someone who would be good to work with.

However, it is not to be. Rejection again, but with kind words. That is always a good thing. Like being picked up by the person who has knocked you over. Better than being left floundering in the street. My pride is intact...and I have not been robbed.

The nice person who wrote this knows who she is, and I thank her for her consideration:

"Thank you for giving me a chance to look at the opening chapters of the Key to Finlac. You write well and with great fluency, but I'm afraid I wasn't completely won over by the story you were telling. I am sorry: my opinion is necessarily entirely subjective and another agent will certainly respond positively to your storytelling. I wish you every good luck with your project."

So, I carry on. I shall begin writing a new book at the end of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment