Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Wednesday 7 September 2011

In the Writing Room

There's little point hanging around until the Christmas lights are switched on. I've upped the energy and sent off material to four more agents today and enquiries to two others. I have come across another agent who won't even consider looking at anything until January (that makes two) and another three who won't consider anything at all. That leaves me with only three or four more lines of enquiry to pursue!

The good news? I had an automated out of office reply from an agent who will be back on Monday. Communication at last. What good timing on my part, though. She'll have a week's worth of emails to plough through on her return.

The bad news? I did that stupid thing of sending off an email to an agent without the attachments; I re-sent it, hoping they wouldn't notice or they'd think me eccentric. Trouble is there seems to be no margin for error in this business. And there is no point in sending witty Oops, I'm an idiot but creative really messages.

And the brave thing? I have contacted a well-known publisher directly by letter. I addressed the envelope in my best handwriting, like a school boy writing to the President of the United States. I enclosed an SAE.

By way of displacement activity, I have added another page to my website www.gilesdiggle.com. The page is called The Writing Room. Could be worth a visit.

Maybe I should have called it The Waiting Room?

No comments:

Post a Comment