Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Some Pings I Can Do Without - What an email Address Tells Us

The Ping came while I was eating lunch - I missed it. And therefore the sense of expectation that comes with one of the few noises that drowns out the sound of the keys. (I punch them very hard as if I am still using a typewriter.) The excitement of the Ping is is usually dampened by news from John Lewis or Amazon.

I am glad I was away from the computer for this particular ping. The proforma rejection (it is now 3:2 ) was sent by an intern at the agency, if the email address is to be interpreted correctly. I have nothing against interns; they are trying to learn their trade, unpaid like many others. I  hope they get to read some books and not just press the pro-forma reject button and operate the shredder. I'm sure their Kindles or iPhones are full of entertaining .pdf's.

What am I trying to say? pa@ is better than admin@ is better than intern@. NAME@ is best of all! There is something to be said for an eye-catching title.

No comments:

Post a Comment