Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Writing in the Rain: Umbrella not Required

What happened to agents?

Well, I had one pro-forma rejection last week, so inconsequential that I didn't bother to write about it at the time. It took the form of sticky mailing label pressed down upon an apple green index filing card. With apologies from... the message was sympathetic... of the kind that says, I'm very sorry but diary commitments do not allow me to open your village fete... I hope the rain stays off and your afternoon is successful.

So why have I become immune to rejection? Simply that I am absorbed in writing my new book, the title of which shall remain a secret... in fact I don't have one yet. And after that book is done, I have two more projects in mind.

Meanwhile, my current manuscript, The Key to Finlac remains important to me. In fact I am re-reading it on my new Kindle - and enjoying it - a good sign. I am enthusiastic about it and will find a home for it.

Meanwhile, more writing is the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment