Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Monday 7 November 2011

bursting the ebabble bubble

Is mixing tweets a bad thing- I tweet both birds & books? My audience is different for each, if I have an audience. Pick 'n' Mix is an enjoyable thing, but look what happened to Woolworths. Do I need twin Twitter accounts, like I need three bank accounts and four camcorders?

Email, ebook, ebabble, ebabel, e-enabled, press esc(ape).

Stop.

I have joined the blogging debate. (At least momentarily - because we only have a moment whilst doing other more important things.) Deploy a restful screensaver and some ambient music.

Think.

In the writing game there is pressure to Blog, Tweet, be Linkedin, interview oneself on YouTube (I have a birding channel - surprise), be the face of a book.

There are so many words out there: voices to be heard, like everyone singing a different song on the tube all at the same time.



You might also like to read the excellent blog by Sarah Duncan: Platforms are for Trains not Writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment