Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Friday 18 November 2011

Putting the Kindle to Work: No iStrain & no dropped pages

So how successful have I been proof reading my novel, The Key to Finlac, with the Kindle? In terms of time, 95,000 words took about ten hours.

And what did I discover? 158 typos or formatting errors that I'd missed on countless re-readings on my iMac screen.  No iStrain and no dropped pages.

The Kindle lists for you all the underlinings and notes I have made as an index, so when it comes to going back to the iMac it is easy to add the changes to my final draft without sorting through lots off MS pages.

I think the Kindle is well on the way to paying for itself already. Apart from that, I enjoyed reading my book; it still kept me gripped - and that is always a relief. I like it as it is; no major revisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment