Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Tuesday 20 December 2011

My Kindle Runneth Over: Christmas is for reading, not for writing.

Trying to get back to working on the book this morning, I realise that Christmas is for reading, not for writing. The balance of pleasure has suddenly tilted; the weight of the New Year will bring it back into kilter. (Be aware of how the sub-conscious works - check your work for terrible puns!).

I have been overtaken by the momentum of Christmas ... and all that means in terms of the breaking of routines, going out and getting up later and later. Oh and alcohol, and if there was ever a destroyer of creativity it is that one.

The brain needs a break. I know where my book is going. I have a pile of project ideas to get stuck into. This is the season of relaxation and nurturing the digestion.

A decision.

I shall resume writing in the New Year... full of good intention and the self-discipline to make the book happen. Meanwhile, my Kindle runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment