Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Monday 10 October 2011

Indecision is the Mother of Invention

Two weeks ago I wrote in this blog: "Across the fields, I can hear a voice tempting me down another fantastical road." Well, that voice has been nagging at me ever since and I've followed the cake crumb trail back to where I started.

This morning I began to outline the direction of the more outlandish of the two children's books I have had in mind. A third prospect still looms at the crossroads, but I don't think I'll go there for a while, though I always have a sense of that path in the back of my mind.

I've been doing a lot of fidgeting in my chair today, but I have at least sat here for two hours, staring beyond the screen. I shall sit here for two hours tomorrow and the day after... and so on until it is done. I have made some notes, if not written the first sentence. I know where I shall begin.

As for the other book, who knows? Indecision is sometimes the mother of invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment