Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Thursday 20 October 2011

Bubblegum is the Muzak of My Elevator Pitch

I never liked Bubblegum music. Sugar, Sugar! So why was it in my head last night, zinging around behind my eyes - odd harmonies, a medley of sixties radio plays? Like winding down a car window on a different time.

A 17.21 email from the well-known publisher!

Oh Honey, Honey! Hoping has become hopping up and down. Having another p is so important...particularly at my age. (I have turned into Adrian Mole).

My letter was mislaid - in fact I had addressed it to the wrong person (2012 Writers' & Artists' Year Book already out of date - kind ageing friend.)

A letter lost is more potent when it becomes a letter found. The Key to Finlac will at least be looked at and I have come over all adolescent exclamation marks!

Bubblegum loses its flavour, but I shall keep it on the bed post over night. Or even for a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment