Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Saturday 1 October 2011

When was the last time you had a second delivery?

Six down, three to go in the agent hunt. Another pro-forma rejection today from a large agency, but it was worded nicely and someone had taken the trouble to write my first name after Dear and a real person had signed it. These are nice touches.

What have I learned from today's post? It is clear that the type of material I submitted was not suited to this particular agent's list - I probably misinterpreted their entry in the Writers' and Artists' Year Book. Secondly, what I suspected. They receive up to 300 manuscripts per week.

Unusually, there was a second post today. My replacement black ink cartridge has arrived. I shall use it to print off six sets of submissions to send to the only six publishers I can find who will accept unsolicited MSS.

That leaves me with a total of nine chances. My spirits remain high! (Sounds like someone on a desert island writing a message in the sand.) I have plenty of food and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment