Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Wednesday 31 August 2011

From Tags to Twitches

Ever been glue-eyed in Google? My eyelids are twitching. I have been stuck with meta tags for most of the morning. Like the burrs that attach themselves to you when you strike off into the long grass, I hope my tags will stick in the search engines. Google, hallowed be thy name.

I've been trying to optimise this blog with meta tags so the web crawlers can find it; friends and relations can only take so much - but thank you anyway.

Tomorrow my website should go live, hosted by Godaddy, which seems apt as my parents bought me my first typewriter, an Olivetti Lettera 32forty years ago. (In which move did I lose it?)

I learned to touch-type on the Olivetti - sort of - with five fingers from a little yellow and black Pitman's teach yourself manual. If only Google had such a thing!

As for the website, www.gilesdiggle.com, I've had to meta tag that too. It's been uploaded. Now, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will appear.



For mega tag advice: www.bloggertricks.com


No comments:

Post a Comment