Giles Diggle on Twitter @50oakwoods

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Time-Lapse and other Displacement Activities

What to do when you have just finished your first draft? While it settles like roast beef straight from the oven, (vegetarians be not offended - it has been said that I was born politically correct), I am leaning about making time-lapse movies. It seems an appropriate thing to do and keeps my imagination engaged.

The photography - and I only claim to be competent at it -  also engages me with the local landscape which is so important to my books. My stories are set in the small towns and the five valleys around Stroud, or an imagined version of them.

Of course the sudden interest in time-lapse movie-making might be another displacement activity. My next task is to finish the revised Badgerman & Bogwitch for ebook publication. What's putting me off? Filling in the Form W-7 and sending my passport off to the American Embassy for a US IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, so I won't have to pay income tax in the US. That's Amazon.com for you, good or bad.

Meanwhile, as I drink tea, my DSLR is clicking away every 4 seconds, and will continue to do so (I hope) for the next couple of hours.

A time-lapse movie I made earlier: Selsley Common.

No comments:

Post a Comment